Month end is practically a nightmare for the city’s working brigade. As all kinds of bills—mobile, electricity, water, property tax and road tax—pile up and scream for attention, finding time out of the busy schedule to do these chores becomes well-nigh impossible. And since most government offices do not work on Sundays, this also means a precious work-day being lost standing in queues.
Here is where the Bangalore One centres come in. Bangalore One is a service hub sponsored by the Government of Karnataka. There are over 38 centres dotting the city, with many more on the cards.
Here are the facilities that you an avail of at the Bangalore One centres.
- Pay all your bills, including telephone and electricity bills and property and road taxes.
- Book airline and railway tickets.
- Get your bus passes done.
- Pay your life insurance premiums (ING Vysya).
- Access Western Union Money Transfers.
- Buy passport applications forms, and submit filled forms.
- Pay your traffic fines, avoiding the long wait at the courts.
- Get your birth and death certificates issued.
- Register your shops and other commercial establishments.
The centres are well-designed and spacious. Each has a sitting area with a TV, where you can await your turn. The staff is courteous. Besides, there is a manager to help you with your queries. The best part of Bangalore One is that the centres are open 24/7, and you can pay in cash, DD, cheques or credit cards.
New services are being added, so make a visit to the closest one in your locality, and check them out. You can also log on to their website http://www.bangaloreone.gov.in/public/default.aspx for more information. In fact, you can register on this site, and pay your bills online!
Bangalore One ... super efficient Swamy!