“ Ya devi sarvabhuteshu Vishnu-mayeti sadbita
Namas tasyai, Namas tasyai, Namas tasyai namo namah.”
Autumn beckons the coming home of Durga Maa or Goddess Durga and this is celebrated as Dussehra in several parts of the globe. The auspicious month of Ashwin and Karthik earmarks the beginning of Navratri or the nine-day festive season. And the tenth day is celebrated as Vijayadashami or Dussehra. The essence of Durga Puja is felt from the day of Mahalaya, which is essentially celebrated a week ahead of Durga Puja. On the day of Mahalaya, Bengali's wake up to the sounds of the Mahishasura Mardini or hymns which invoke the Mother Goddess.
Dhaks and coonch shells ushers Goddess Durga in our homes and hearts. Durga Puja celebration in various states in India is no less than the Pujas of Kolkata. Durga Puja is celebrated in Bangalore on a large scale. With a population of over 4 Lakh Bengali's in the city, can Durga Puja in Bangalore be given a miss?
We have a list of some of the Durga Puja pandals in Bangalore:
- The Bengalee Association - Gayatri Vihar, Palace Grounds, Mekhri Circle.
- Sarathi Socio-Cultural Trust - Mangala Kalyana Mantapa, 80 Ft Road, Koramangala 8th Block. Next to Aangan Restaurant and opposite to Ganesh Temple.
- Anandadhara Durga Puja, 1st phase, 11th B cross, 25th main, JP Nagar. Contact Arnab @ 9743744580 or visit Bangalorepuja for more information.
- Durgapuja Sharad Utsav 2012, opposite to Wipro Gate 16, (Beside Ajmera Infinity), Electronic City, Phase 1, Bangalore 100.
- Tripura Mondoli Durga Puja - # 6A , 9th Cross, 1st Stage, Indiranagar.
- Socio Cultural Association - 6th Main, Between Indiranagar 100 Ft. Road and 80 Ft. Road or take the road Opposite to Spencer's.
- Sarathi Socio Cultural Forum - Muni Reddy Kalayana Mantapa, 6th Block, 80 Ft Road , Koramangala, Opp. BMP Park & Near Koramangala Post Office.
- SORRBA or Sarjapur Outer Ring Road Bengali Association - Total Mall in Outer Ring road, Sarjapur.
- RT Nagar Sarbajanin Durga Puja at the Sai Baba Temple, Near Patel's Inn.
- Prabasi Association's – Canara Bank Union Hall, 15th Cross, Malleshwaram.
- Antaranga Bengali Cultural Association - Ramana Maharishi Centre for Learning, Post Office Road, Sanjaynagar.
- Vivekananda Cultural Association - Seshadripuram 1st Grade College, Opposite Railway Reservation Counter.
- Jayamahal Sarbajanin Durga Puja – Jayamahal Ladies Club Ground, Adjacent to Jayamahal Park.
- Munikolala Durga Puja - Opposite Innovative Multiplex, Marathalli.
- Sahakara Nagar Durga Puja - Sahakara Nagar, Kodigehalli, Bellary Road.
- Swarnakar Samiti - Beside Hotel Geo, Near Hudson Circle and Bangalore Corporation.
- Kaggadaspura Durga Puja – Anisha Grange Apartment, 6th Cross, Near SCT College, Kagadasapura.
- South Bangalore Cultural Association - G N R Kalyana Mantapa, 4th T Block, Jayanagar.
- Airforce Command Hospital - Inside Command Hospital, Cambridge Layout.
- Hebagudi Durga Puja - Near Hebagudi Bus Stand, Beside BIOCON Factory, Hosur Road.
- Banaswadi Bengali Cultural Union - Near Uttam Sagar Restaurant, Banaswadi Main Road.
- Oriya Association - Road next to Mantri Elegant leading to Silk Board Bus Stand.
- Hosur Durga Puja - Hosur Taluk Office, Near Balaji Theatre, Hosur City.
- Bangalore Rural Association - Sedul Dassappa Kalyana Mantap, Near Attibele Bus Terminal Circle.
- Brigade Gardenia Durga Puja - Brigade Gardenia Apartments , RBI Layout, JP Nagar 8th Phase, Near Brigade Millenium, Puttenahalli.
- KR Puram Durga Puja - SEA College Campus, Near KR Puram Main Market.
- Air Force Colony Murgeshpalya Durga Puja - Murgeshpalya Army Base, Wind Tunnel Road, Near Manipal Hospital.
- Jalahalli Air Force Base (East) - Near HMT Circle, Gokula.
- Magadi Road Durga Puja - Industrial Area, Kamakshi Palya, Magadi Road.
- Purvankara Apartment Residential Association - Near Spicy Garden Restaurant, Marathalli.
- Whitefield Cultural Association - Close to Nilgiris in Whitefield, WhiteField Main Road.
- Purva Bangalore Cultural Association - VSR Convention Hall, ITPL Road, Brookfields next to Cafe Coffee Day.
You can also check out more Durga Puja pandals in the city.
The sound of the dhak, the aroma of incense and the air of festivity is certainly here to stay with us.
Shubho Durga Pujo!
If you want to know more about Durga Puja pandals and venues around Bangalore the you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Showing 1 - 10 of 14 Comments